Since 1978, infants and children with oral-facial clefts and other diseases, disorders or injuries affecting the face, jaw, skull and ears have received life-changing care from the craniofacial team at Boys Town National Research Hospital.
Many craniofacial conditions can require multiple surgeries or long-term follow-up treatment as children grow and develop. In addition, there can be emotional and psychological issues for children because of differences in appearance and speech. That's why so many families turn to the Boys Town Craniofacial Cleft Palate Clinic… so their children can heal, thrive and reach their full potential.
Procedures and Treatments
Our experienced surgeons and medical staff perform appropriately timed surgical interventions to maximize results and reduce the number of potential surgeries needed. From the minimally invasive to the complex, our specialists perform a wide range of procedures and treatments that include:
- Cleft Lip and Palate Repairs
- Cleft Alveolar Bone Graft (repairing holes in the gum ridge)
- Cleft Septorhinoplasty (reshaping the nose)
- Cranial Vault Reconstruction (reshaping the bones of the skull)
- Ear Reconstruction
- Encephalocele Repairs (removing or repairing protrusions of brain tissue)
- Jaw Surgery
- Lip and Nose Revision
- Pharyngeal Flap/Sphincter Pharyngoplasty (reducing air flow through the nose to improve speech)
- Vascular Malformation Surgery (treating or removing birthmarks and blood vessel abnormalities)
Why Choose Boys Town Craniofacial?
Boys Town Craniofacial is the only team approved by the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association in the state of Nebraska. Our comprehensive care doesn't stop with craniofacial care. We provide wholistic care for patients from infancy to young adulthood. At every phase of treatment and every stage of development, your child will receive personalized care and attention from Boys Town specialists who can address the unique symptoms and conditions that affect feeding, breathing, hearing, vision, language and growth. And here, children have direct access to Boys Town's behavioral health experts (in-person and online), to support healthy behavioral and mental health.
Our craniofacial multidisciplinary team includes experts in the fields of:
- Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Genetic Counseling
- Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat)
- Pediatric Psychology
- Plastic Surgery
- Speech-Language Pathology
Lincoln’s Story: Going the Distance for Life-changing Craniofacial Care